SEO is not just about keywords – the search engines are intelligent enough to use to a number of factors to determine your search engine rankings. Updating your blog regularly is a great move to make when you want to impress the search engines. Google in particular loves fresh, informative content, and regular blog posts help you to convince your customers and the search engines that you are truly engaged with the products that you sell and the field in which you work.
Guest blogging can provide a real boost to your SEO and inbound referrals, but only if its done well, and done with efficiency and impact already in mind. There are numerous benefits beyond the immediate aims of link building and SEO. Especially with content marketing becoming a key aspect of online strategy for 2013.
Here are a few things to consider if you are using guest bloggers:
- Scale your research. Content is the output. Research combined with inspiration, and your own particular flair, is the input. You can’t rely on randomly stumbling across, and remembering, ideas for content just when browsing the internet or noticing something on a social network. Instead, set up email alerts to get news delivered to your inbox from your main sources of information. Also use tools like Evernote or Pocket to clip and save articles to the cloud. Now you have material, you will be as up to date as possible for news from your sector.
- Leverage the power of Twitter. Twitter is the social media fire-hose from which we all drink, and its benefits to communication is enormous. Well known tools, like Tweetdeck and HootSuite can be used to create public or private lists. That way you are using it as a resource, as well as a means to engage with others. You can use hashtags or simply add people to lists who often tweet about the things you are interested in. Getting a better idea about what your audience is interested in will make it easier to write content that will get their attention.
- Set public deadlines. If you are being paid to write, you write. If its a promotional matter, or a project of your own undertaking, then it is usually private, until published. The trick authors encourage is to tell people. Set a deadline with the guest outlet you are blogging for, and stick to it. Otherwise you risk burning a valuable, high traffic bridge.
- Get organised. Think of guest blogging as any other piece of work, not just writing for its own sake. Include it in any productivity workflow tool you use most often, and set yourself reminders. You could even just edit your browser bookmarks, indicating action needs to be taken for the various blogs you read (by putting reminders in capitals).
- Keep aiming higher. Once you have established a reputation as a writer of quality guest blogs you can keep going for higher traffic media. This is a simple way to get noticed by your peers and customers, by consistently writing as a thought leader on a subject you are passionate about. The easier it is to include this in your working week, the more your content will get shared, and therefore the more likely you can approach widely read media who will want to publish what you write. Content marketing does take time, so the more efficiently you do this, the greater benefits you will receive.
This is valuable secret of inbound marketing. I hope it brings you new customers in 2013!
Fresh content is essential when it comes to your online infrastructure, and without the constant production of new material, you may well find yourself slipping behind the competition. It’s understandable that you may not always have time to produce new blog posts when you have a business to run, but by outsourcing your blogging to a premium digital agency, you can ensure that your customers are continually kept informed, engaged, up-to-date and interested in your service.
Blogs are great. They are an easy and effective way for people to write about whatever they want and share their news or opinions with an audience of readers. Blogs can build up a substantial following, and it is no surprise that they are used by professionals, businesses, students, or just people who have something to say and share. Blogging is so popular and powerful that there are numerous blogging awards dished out every year for the best ones.
Blogging can do many things for a business, such as opening up communication opportunities with customers and clients, and providing the perfect setting for promotion of your business. It allows you to demonstrate your services as well as sharing any business developments or press releases.
Anyone who has spent a decent amount of time in north east England, where staff of Precise English are based, should be familiar with the great number and variety of intriguing environments that it offers. And, indeed, such environments have obviously impressed many film producers, as a surprisingly decent number of well-known feature films have been made in this little corner of England. Listed here are just a few!
Being based in the north east of England, the staff at Precise English are more than familiar with the wealth of attractions that this pleasant and often overlooked little corner of England has to offer. But are you? North east England is particularly awash with historical landmarks, largely due to the frequent border battles that used to occur between England and Scotland during the times in centuries past when the two were foreign countries. Here is just a brief run-down of some of the best of these landmarks.
OK, so Christmas has been and now you’re looking forward to the New Year celebrations; you’re hoping that New Year’s Eve won’t be the monumental letdown that it seems to be almost every year and that 2012 will bring with it a bit of luck for yourself and your business (or the business you hope to launch).
While you’re busy passing the time between post-Christmas hangovers and taking unwanted presents back for an exchange or a refund there is something else you could be doing that could bring a smile to your face in 2012; planning your way to success with your business.
“WORK during the holiday’s” you say? Well, it’s not really going to feel like work if the outcome could make you a lot of money, is it?
Precise English SEO Copywriting Services
Here at the UK’s favourite small SEO copywriting company, Precise English, we continue to help small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) improve their online presence with professional web copy that’s optimised for the search engines (Google, Bing etc.), SEO articles that help drive traffic and improve search engine ranking results, business blogs that engage the reader and improve rankings and online press releases that do exactly the same as SEO articles plus provide an opportunity to promote a new product or service.
We can help YOUR business improve its fortunes in 2012. Have you written the content on your website? Perhaps you haven’t even considered writing copy that will attract the search engines? Get in touch with Precise English and ask for our help, we’ll be glad to assist in improving your website and its rankings during 2012 and beyond.
Click here to send an email or call 0845 224 1337 to speak directly to a member of the team.
Are you the owner of a website? Perhaps you’re looking at launching a new site? What you probably haven’t been told by the ‘so-called web design experts’ is that the content on your website is much more important in terms of making money online than the design.
CONTENT IS KING
Are you shocked? Google can’t read web design – that’s a pretty obvious statement, right? You may be surprised at the high number of website owners who spend thousands of pounds on making their site look amazing, only to try and write the content themselves despite the fact that they are not experts in search engine optimisation copywriting.
One of the main reasons why a site will appear high on the number one search engine (Google) is the quality and relevance of its content; if you don’t know what you’re doing in relation to producing professionally optimised content for the user and the search engine then you’re bound to not only write content that doesn’t appeal to Google, but most importantly write content that simply doesn’t convert a visitor into a customer.
Action Plan for Every Site Owner
OK, so we’ve spoken about how fresh, unique content is imperative for every single website that wants to do well online, but how can you do this? There are two steps:
- The first step is to have a professional SEO Copywriting company produce the content for your website, with the correct keyword density to ensure the best possible chance of ranking well.
- The second step is to create regular blog posts on subjects relating to your industry – why? Every time you upload a post to your blog (on your website) the search engines see this as a new page – a great way to quickly build up the number of pages on your website!
Who do you speak to when you need professionally optimised content? Precise English! Give us a call on 0845 224 1337 or send an email by clicking here.
Keep your customer base engaged with great content
Business blogs are a highly valuable tool for engaging with your customers, keeping them up-to-date with developments both in terms of your products and the field in which your business is associated with. By constantly updating your website with blogs, it shows that you keep up with the pace regarding the services you provide and displays a strong sense of dedication, rather than your website appearing stagnant and neglected.
Regular blogs = a higher ranking
Updating your blog also means a higher placing in search engine rankings and means that you can keep up with the constant changes Google regularly make to ensure their results are of the highest spam-free standard as possible. Knowledgeable and well-written blogs ensure that your service is associated with quality and has a strong personal touch, allowing you to further cement your identity with the words you use as well as the products you sell and the way your website is laid out. Knowledgeable content shows that you are truly engaged with your service and intend to be at the forefront of changing trends and developments.
Well-written content is more likely to be shared
A range of different blogs works to your advantage, not only detailing the current stock you sell but uploading engaging and inventive features that are appropriate to the service you provide will increase your reputation and enhance the level of trust customers place in you. Well-written content is also more likely to be shared on social networks, meaning the more interesting an article is, the likelihood of other readers being directed to it becomes – ‘tweeting’ links to your blogs yourself is another method used to increase web presence and strengthen your brand.