Unless you’ve lived under a rock for the last five years, you’ll be very aware that the economy is currently extremely precarious (and the award for biggest understatement of the year goes to…).
With this in mind, every business owner is looking to make as much money as possible while spending the minimum amount (even more so than usual), and many are doing so by engaging in a spot of DIY. Now DIY is great if you can change your own light bulbs, give the office lawn a mow or fix that squeaky door without calling in a handy person. However, when it comes to SEO, many non-professionals have tried and failed. By writing or attempting to write your own SEO copy, you could be wasting a lot of money; using professional SEO copywriting services could save you a bundle.
Five reasons why this is the case:
1. Ask yourself two questions. If you’re spending time doing SEO copywriting, who is doing your work? If you’re paying members of your in-house team to do SEO, then who is doing their work? You might think that by doing your own copywriting, you’re saving yourself money, but the chances are that once you’ve redistributed your own work so as to make time to write the copy, there’s very little financial gain.
2. Who proofreads your work? Whether you proofread and edit your own work or trust that task to another member of staff, it’s a safe bet that you’re spending a lot of time getting your SEO 100% right. Even after you’ve ‘okayed’ the work, there’s still every chance that it might not have the desired result and so need more time spent on remodelling it. A professional can guarantee you great results.
3. Think you know SEO? Think again! Whether you’ve read about SEO online or attended a course, professional SEO copywriters are the best bet for ensuring your content is correctly optimised. They know the tricks you need to get noticed in the right way – including ethical tactics that search engines love and strategies that gain the results you need!
4. Consider the human. Good SEO copywriters know that they need to strike the right balance between writing for a search engine and a human reader. The chances are that you, as a non-professional, might not be able to get this balance right or could miss either element, resulting in poor search engine listings or copy that doesn’t interest the customers who visit your site.
5. What else can SEO copywriters do for you? SEO writers often have skills in other areas of online marketing that could be invaluable to you. In addition, many can offer a variety of services such as pay per click, link adding, press releases or social networking management, which could revolutionise your business for very little investment!